Renting out your RV puts you in the hospitality business. Even if you’re just renting out your family RV, you still need to think of yourself as the driver of wonderful experiences for your renters.
And one of the best ways to create awesome memories for your guests and positive reviews for you is by offering the right amenities. That’s why we chatted with folks in our Outdoorsy Owner’s Facebook group to discover the amenities that are most popular with their guests.
Check out this list to see how you might add some or all of these amenities to your listing to create happy campers.
The 15 Most Popular Amenities For RV Rentals
- Breakfast fixin’s — People love breakfast, but that doesn’t mean you have to go all out in providing this amenity to your guests. Simple things like coffee, a cereal bar (either the granola bar variety or an actual cereal bar stocked with a variety of cereals for the pouring), and fruits go a long way to creating a warm guest experience.
Check out this one single pan that’ll tackle a whole, hearty breakfast in one crafty cast-iron skillet.
- Water sports add-ons — Add-ons are those things you add to your RV rental that you usually charge extra for. Many of our owners cite watersports add-ons as the most popular amenity they provide for guests.
And that’s little wonder because camping folk generally tend to camp near water. Things like paddleboards, kayaks, and canoes will help your guests take their trip to the next level.
Worried about space? Check out this Outdoorsy gift guide where we feature things like folding kayaks.
- Bikes — Bikes are another add-on amenity that’s uber-popular with our renters. That’s because mountain/road biking trails are often right in range of the places that RVers want to see.
Bikes are a relatively easy amenity to provide — and can be a good source of extra revenue. Simply snag a bike rack for your rig and attach to it the appropriate wheels for your area.
- Basic spices — Nothing is worse than camping in the middle of nowhere to realize you forgot the salt. Make sure your guests don’t have this experience by stocking your rig with these basics.
- Homemade chocolate chip cookies — Yes, we know this is quite specific, but the Outdoorsy owner who suggested it to us was adamant that her homemade cookies were one of the keys to her RV rental success.
They sounded dang delicious to us, so we’ve included them here. If choco cookies aren’t your thing, come up with some tasty local snacks that you can include in your rental to give folks a flavor of your area.
- Beach gear — If you rent out RVs anywhere near any kind of beach, chances are your renters will want to go there. Stock them with basic amenities like beach chairs, beach towels, and beach balls to help them kickstart their beach-venture.
- Outdoor cooking device — From portable grills to outdoor stoves to Blackstone griddles to portable camping kitchens, there’s an ocean of outdoor cooking options you can provide guests.
Find the ones that suit your rig and offer them as a guest amenity for best-renting results.
- Portable hammocks — Who doesn’t love hanging a hammock on a tree to enjoy some chilax time? Pop one (or a couple) of these babies in your rig and your guests will love it.
- Folding camp chairs — Fires and gatherings around them are the mojo that holds RV life together. Give your renters a place to park their rear with folding camp chairs like these.
- Lawn games — Many of our owners pack in outdoor games like hillbilly golf, Croquet, lifesize Jenga, lifesize Connect 4, and more.
This popular amenity allows families to enjoy outdoor time in a fun way with the kiddos.
- Board games — In today’s noisy world, it’s rare for most families to sit down over a board game. Stock your rig with this simple amenity to create lasting memories for your renters.
- Paper guides to your favorite area attractions — The best RV rentals happen when owners put pieces of their personality into the rig.
That’s why one of our most popular amenities is paper guides featuring area attractions that our owners love. For example, if you have a local national park or historical attraction that you’ve always enjoyed — be sure to leave a detailed guide for it in your rig.
Physical guides and pamphlets are a rarity in our Google age. Add a dose of nostalgia and fun by providing carefully curated paper guides for your area.
- Great tunes — Does your area have a thriving live music scene? Or do you have a particular genre of music you love that’s road-trip-worthy?
Beats and road trips are a match made in heaven — provide musical amenities to your guests with things like CDs from local artists and Spotify playlist recommendations.
- Portable battery packs — Lithium Ion battery packs can jump-start an RV in a pinch and provide cellphone charging capabilities when your renters head into the boonies. That’s probably why they’re one of the most popular amenities for RV rentals.
- S’more kits — S’mores soak into the soul better than just about any other campfire food. That’s why providing kits like these creates super happy renters.
Listing your RV on Outdoorsy marks your entry into the hospitality business. That’s why taking a deep dive over the list above is your ticket to providing the things that’ll keep your renters happy. Amenities are those little extras that go a long way to generating positive guest experiences, stellar reviews, and repeat customers.